News and Event
IT Systems Engineering
Program Integrity / Fraud Detection
Administrative Specialist (CDC NCEZID)
This position provides administrative support services as a federal contractor assigned at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID), Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ).
• Contingent upon contract award to Catapult, estimated start date is 9/1/2014
• Reports to: Project Manager
• Work location is onsite at a CDC facility in one of the following locations: Atlanta, GA; Lawrenceville, GA; Detroit, MI; El Paso, TX; Miami, FL; St Paul, MN; or San Diego, CA
• Create, review, or update documentation in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Project and/ or PowerPoint
• Utilize Microsoft SharePoint intranet site to upload, store and organize project documentation
• Utilize Microsoft Outlook to send and receive e-mails, schedule meetings, and maintain list of current tasks
• Provide administrative support services for financial and contract management, human resources, and/ or facilities and logistics
• Provide meeting/ teleconference support by providing scheduling coordination support, attending meetings/ teleconferences, and developing status reports, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and action items
• Track allocation of and current status of action items
• Assist with online research or provide formatting or proofreading support for the development of communication, education and training materials; human resources planning documentation; financial or contract management documentation; and/ or organizational policies and procedures
• Perform data entry into Microsoft Access and/ or web-based database as needed
• Provide other general administrative support as needed, including mailing/ shipping, copying/ printing, scanning, filing, binding, and/ or file or document merging
• Perform special projects related to general office administration as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate’s degree or equivalent full-time work experience is required
• 1 year of full-time work experience providing administrative support as a federal contractor at CDC
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Access
• Excellent organizational & follow-up, written & verbal communication, and proofreading/ reviewing skills
• Highly-motivated, detail-oriented, quick learner with a professional demeanor
• Ability to effectively work independently on entry-level administrative tasks
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university
• 5 years of full-time work experience providing administrative support
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Project, SharePoint and/ or other software
• Experience as a federal contractor at CDC’s NCEZID DGMQ
• Experience supervising, mentoring and/ or training 2+ colleagues
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision.
Catapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.