News and Event
IT Systems Engineering
Program Integrity / Fraud Detection
Computer Hardware Specialist
Catapult Consultants is looking for a Computer Hardware Specialist to support the Department of Homeland Security.
• Evaluate the hardware, software, and software development tools ability to support specific requirements and interface with other equipment and systems; determine potential and actual bottlenecks; propose recommendations for their elimination; and make recommendations for systems improvements that will result in optimal hardware and software usage.
• Develop, manage, maintain, and evaluate current state-of-the-art computer hardware, software, and software development tools; evaluate their ability to support specific requirements and interface with other equipment and systems; determine potential and actual bottlenecks and proposes recommendations for their elimination; and makes recommendations for system improvements that will result in optimal hardware and software use.
• Must be able to determine costs for converting computer systems from one language or machine to another by utilizing compilers, simulators, emulators, and/or language translators and recommend better utilization of operating systems capabilities to improve system efficiency.
• Must be able to develop, manage, maintain, and evaluate state-of-the-art computer hardware, software, and software development tools.
• Must possess an active TS/SCI
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision.
Catapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.